We love the Old Fashioned cocktail and its endless possible varieties. They’re simple to make (it takes just a few minutes, simple to clean up (you build it in the glass), and delicious. Today’s featured old fashioned is Green Hat cocktail.
The recipe comes from Food Republic. Great to try if you’re in the mood for a spirit forward old old fashioned with an herbal note, or if you’re looking for something new and interesting to do with your Chartreuse.
- 1 Sugar Cube or .25 oz 1:1 Simple Syrup
- Angostura Bitters
- 2 oz Rye (Rittenhouse)
- 1 Bar Spoon Green Chartreuse (VEP)
- Lemon Twist for Garnish
Old Fashioned Glass
- Muddle sugar cube with 2-3 dashes of Angostura bitters
- Add rye and put ice in the glass (preferably a big piece of ice)
- Stir a few times, but don’t over dilute.
- Float a bar spoon of Green Chartreuse, express lemon oils for garnish.
Latest posts by Sylvia L (see all)
- Review #27 – Signatory Cask Strength Port Dundas 22 Year - 2019-03-19
- Smoother than a Horse on Skates - 2019-03-17
- Daiquiri Mark 4 - 2019-03-16