Trelawny Daiquiri: Rum Fire Cocktail
Been hunting around for more rum fire based cocktails and I stumbled upon the Trelawny Daiquiri. It was originally created by Nicholas Feris from The Rum Collective, based on a banana daiquiri with an Islay Scotch float he had in Vancouver BC.
The drink is a beautiful balance of the hogo’-ey rum fire, and the not overly-sweet Giffard Banane spirit. Would also highly recommend adding a bottle of Jamaican Bitters to your repertoire if you haven’t already. Rum Fire is from Hampden estate, located in Trelawny, and is one of the highest ester rums on the market. It generally retails for around $20, and would also recommend picking up a bottle for your collection.
- 1.5 oz Rum Fire Overproof Rum
- .5 oz Giffard Banane Du Bresil
- 2 Dashes Bittercube Jamaican Bitters
- .75 oz Lime Juice
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker and shake well
- Strain into a cocktail glass
- Garnish with a flower petal.