Haribo Old Fashioned
One day, while talking to my Jiu Jitsu coach (Kurt Osiander) about one of our shared favorite past-times: alcohol, he mentioned he liked dissolving gummy bears in bourbon and then drinking it. I was amused – but it got me thinking – with just the addition of some Angostura bitters, you have a hill billy Old Fashioned of sorts!
To make it a premium drink, we went in search of Haribo (not off-brand!) gummies and set some gummies in good bourbon. We left for the day and returned to find some smooth (but not completely dissolved) gummies. Luckily, we had anticipated this and put several more gummies in the bourbon than had we simply put in sugar.
The result is actually a fun and whimsically delicious Old Fashioned.
- 2.5 oz bourbon (we used Blantons)
- 4 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 2 Haribo coca cola bottles (we fancy) and 2 Haribo snakes
Old Fashioned Glass
- Dissolve the Haribo coca cola bottles and snakes in bourbon for ~6 hours
- Then garnish with more Haribos
- Add bitters and ice
- Drink and rejoice!
2 thoughts on “Haribo Old Fashioned”