Bartender Phil Ward started his cocktail career at Flatiron Lounge in 2003, just six weeks after the bar served its first drink. From Flatrion, he moved to Pegu Club, before joining Death & Company where he had his first shot at designing the menu and creating his own concoctions.
One of his best original cocktails is the Final Ward, a play on the Last Word, the Final Ward substitutes Rye for the Gin, and lemon for the lime. This rendition uses Rittenhouse, which is strong enough to match up to the VEP Green Chartreuse. The drink is easy to build and remember with the 1:1:1:1 proportions.
- .75 oz Green Chartreuse (VEP)
- .75 oz Rye Whiskey (Rittenhouse)
- .75 oz Maraschino Liquor (Luxardo)
- .75 oz Lemon Juice
- Lemon Twist for Garnish
- Cocktail Glass
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker
- Strain into a cocktail glass