We originally bought Giffard’s banana liqueur solely for the purpose of making I Love Lamp, a cocktail featured in Imbibe. Since then, it has slowly been creeping into a lot of cocktails that we make.
I ran across the Parasol banana daquiri recipe on Steve the Bartender’s site and wanted to try it out. The first try (following the recipe exactly), to be honest, was a little too banana and a little too sweet. The Giffard liqueur, though less sweet than others, still needs some tamping down in my opinion and it’s very hard to make a cocktail I like with a full 3/4 oz pour of it. And any time a recipe calls for rum, I find it very hard to resist the urge to add some Rum Fire to it (usually not a full-on replacement because it then overwhelms the cocktail).
The following recipe was the version was what I ended up with and liked… a lot.
- 1 oz Rum Fire
- 1.25 oz sweeter rum (e.g. El Dorado 15 Rum)
- 0.25 oz Giffard’s Banana Liqueur
- 0.75 oz Lime Juice
- 0.25 oz pineapple juice
- Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker
- Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass
- Skip the garnish and drink it because it’s very delicious