Whisky Review #112: Single Cask Nation Aultmore 1989 30 Year Whisky Review
We tried out this 30 year old of Single Cask Nation from Aultmore distillery in Speyside.
SCN Aultmore 1989 30 Year Whisky Review
- Score - 8/108/10
Nose: Butterscotch, warm toasted wood, toasted chocolate, lots of fruit, sea breeze. Sherry vinegar, sweet and syrupy malt. Raisin sugar cookies. Palate: Ripe figs, plum, toffee, caramel and malt. Long, long, long sherried finish. Spicy rich fudge and sherry. Plenty of heat, but it’s balanced. Very nice.
Quick overview of our scoring system
- ABV: 57.1% ABV
- Non chill filtered, no added coloring.
- Located in Keith, Banfshire in Speyside.
- The distillery was originally started in 1895, and like many other Scotch distilleries, closed and reopened several times throughout the 20th century.
- The distillery was significantly rebuilt and expanded in 1970.
- Today it’s owned by John Dewer & Sons (which is itself owned by Bacardi.