We tried out this 30 year old of Single Cask Nation from Aultmore distillery in Speyside.
SCN Aultmore 1989 30 Year Whisky Review
- Score - 8/108/10
Nose: Butterscotch, warm toasted wood, toasted chocolate, lots of fruit, sea breeze. Sherry vinegar, sweet and syrupy malt. Raisin sugar cookies. Palate: Ripe figs, plum, toffee, caramel and malt. Long, long, long sherried finish. Spicy rich fudge and sherry. Plenty of heat, but it’s balanced. Very nice.
- ABV: 57.1% ABV
- Non chill filtered, no added coloring.
- Located in Keith, Banfshire in Speyside.
- The distillery was originally started in 1895, and like many other Scotch distilleries, closed and reopened several times throughout the 20th century.
- The distillery was significantly rebuilt and expanded in 1970.
- Today it’s owned by John Dewer & Sons (which is itself owned by Bacardi.