Review #113: Aultmore 8 Year (Single Cask Nation)
Tried a sample of a cask strength, 8 year old Aultmore distillery in Speyside. This is also a bottling from Single Cask Nation.
Aultmore 8 Year (Single Cask Nation)
- Score - 6/106/10
Nose: Leather boots, honey, very floral like a bouquet of roses, some vanilla.
Palate: Soft and flavorful malt, layers of honey and citrus. Burns hot on the palate. Youthful and intense. Unexpectedly sharp and hot for such a pretty nose; vanilla, but mostly alcohol.
Quick overview of our scoring system
- ABV: 60.7
- Non chill filtered, natural color
- Located in Keith, Banfshire in Speyside.
- The distillery was originally started in 1895, and like many other Scotch distilleries, closed and reopened several times throughout the 20th century.
- The distillery was significantly rebuilt and expanded in 1970.
- Today it’s owned by John Dewer & Sons (which is itself owned by Bacardi.