We’re always on the hunt for a delicious scotch cocktail (so much more rare than gin or bourbon cocktails)… particularly if they work with our huge collection of peaty Islay whiskies. So when we ran across the Bitter Scotsman from Food & Wine, we wanted to try it.
But one of the best things about being a home bartender is (besides the fact you get to drink everything you make) that you don’t have to worry ever about the margin of a cocktail. So you can use ridiculous ingredients as the base of your cocktail. Since we had around 3 ounces left of Flaming Heart 5th edition, we drank 1 oz and then used 2 oz for the base of the cocktail.
The result… is a spectacular cocktail. The original cocktail was inspired by mole (spice and sweet) and developed by Meghan Eastman.
- 2 oz Scotch (use Flaming Heart to be extra-out-of-touch)
- 0.75 oz Orgeat
- 0.75 oz Lemon Juice
- 0.5 oz Campari
- Add all ingredients except wine to a cocktail shaker.
- Stir and strain.
- Garnish with an lemon slice.
Latest posts by Sylvia L (see all)
- Review #27 – Signatory Cask Strength Port Dundas 22 Year - 2019-03-19
- Smoother than a Horse on Skates - 2019-03-17
- Daiquiri Mark 4 - 2019-03-16