Was thinking the other day: what’s the point in having so many awesome amari if I don’t make more drinks with them! Good point, good point. Amaro Meletti is balanced, caramel, honey and sweet with a complicated back palate that an array of flavors from anise to saffron to lavender. I find it goes smashingly well with rye in this fruit forward cocktail.
The name? It’s red and I’ve been binge-ing on Naruto… (If you haven’t watched it, do it… it’s kind of Japanese Harry Potter)
- 1 oz Whistlepig Old World Rye
- .75 oz Amaro Melletti
- .5 oz Raspberry Brandy
- .5 oz Lime Juice
- .5 oz Blackberry Brown Sugar Simple Syrup
- Make blackberry simple syrup by muddling 5 blackberries, topping with a quarter cup of brown sugar, and a quarter cup of hot water in a mason jar.
- Shake vigorously, then strain a few times to remove sediment. This keeps for up to a week in the fridge, or up to a month if you add in a quarter ounce of vodka.
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Stir and strain.